Saturday 24 August 2013

Post 6 - Group Work

Now that I have a better understanding o how to write a script I am going to select, from within my group, the best logline that has been written by a student and then develop this into my final film.

LOGLINE THAT WAS CHOSEN
'While the rest of the world begins to lose their memories. A sole teenager starts to learn things about the world that they had never dreamed of.'

We decided to use this logline as it was the one which contained locations which we would be able to acquire, in comparison to the other two, one of which is set is Sweden and the other contained a wedding scene. Also the character was one which we would be able to work with, whilst he isn't the most interesting, he was one which we could mould into what we wanted, when creating him, I had only a few set aspects, he was a young adult; was at university and was from a working class family. The beats for the logline were also quite good as it gave us freedom to change it, but get a set story which we could develop. During discussion, we found that the ending would remain opened ended no matter how we changed it, with the character breaking down or snapping.

After discussion we realised that this logline was not to the standard we wanted and I took it upon myself to make it better. I found this website and uploaded my logline to it for feedback. The feedback I got was great and from the points which I found most important [see below], I will change the logline.
  • It’d be good if you could tell us in your log line what the result of this new found knowledge is.
  • Perhaps if your log line could address some of these questions it would help. When a rebellious teen goes underground from society…
    he/she discovers that…
    and must use the information to…
  • This’s another logline that tells us situation but doesn’t tell us story. The story’s what the lead must do or who’s standing in their way.
  • [I was given an example of how I could change the logline] “When a young recluse discovers he gains peoples memories while the rest of the world loses them, he must search his brain to discover clues to save the world before he goes insane.”
  • If you tell us what his ultimate goal is then the genre becomes way clearer and it makes the story easier to visualize.
Re-witten Logline
'When a teenage misfit comes to a realisation that he's gaining the memories of the people around him, he must decide whether to be selfish or be selfless, as he slowly begins to go insane.'

BRAINSTORM 


1 comment:

  1. Excellent work - very thorough, great use of research sites throughout blog - am missing colour and imagery though - any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete